Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of School

At the same time Daniel was hitting his milestone, Ashlynn was hitting her own. The first day of kindergarten snuck up on us, too. The week before we went shopping for glue sticks and crayons, a very cute Animal Planet backpack, a giraffe print pencil case, and other miscellaneous items that kindergarteners need nowadays. We also picked out a very cute outfit for her to wear on her first day. Somehow, I found an outfit with horses on it that I liked and Ashlynn was persuaded to get. 
The big day arrived. We had rehearsed her getting ready the night before so when her alarm went off, she jumped up and started getting ready. Scott and I had made a turkey sausage breakfast casserole the night before that we enjoyed on her special day. I braided her hair and we did everything to make her feel special and secure. Then it was picture time!

Ashlynn’s nerves started getting to her, although she would not admit it. We all loaded into the car and headed off to school. Scott and I walked her into her classroom, helped her find her name on the table, made sure her teacher new she was there, and just like that, Ashlynn was in kindergarten.
Since I worked the night before, I went to bed, so Scott got to pick her up. The teacher gave each student a little goody bag that had a bookmark, pencil, and eraser in it. She was so excited. Scott and I decided to finish the day by going out to eat. First though, we made a stop by the river to see the ducks. While we were sitting on the rocks we saw an otterish looking animal, almost got decapitated by land gulls, Ashlynn sat in duck droppings, and I got bitten by a duck. All in all, it was a great time. :) Then it was off to Chili’s.We had an enjoyable dinner (even though Daniel got bored and needed to be walked around with just as my food arrived) and then headed home. What a day.
.

No comments: