Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Ashlynn’s Birthday Party

We celebrated Ashlynn’s 5th birthday once she returned home from her summer visit with her mom.

Scott set up the slip n’ slide and the little pool and I baked cupcakes for the kids to ice. The night before I made up goodie bags with play dough, pixie sticks, and other random assorted candies. Ashlynn had told me she wanted strawberry cupcakes with purple icing. You can’t find purple icing in a container, so I called up Mom and got the recipe for the delicious butter cream icing she made when I was growing up. Then my grade school lessons came into play and I combined red and blue food coloring and voila! Purple icing! Yum!


Ashlynn had a lot of fun with her cousins and friends. Daniel seemed to have fun, too.
She got lots of neat stuff. Scott and I did learn that we should probably start assembling her presents before giving them to her – that way we do it on our own time and she isn’t staring at a box wondering what it really is.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Remember the slip 'n slides we used to make with Dad's brown and blue tarps? And how we'd have "pools" out of the giant rubbermaid tubs used to testing the boat engine? Glad to see Ashlynn and Daniel are getting schooled in the art of summertime fun!