Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2012

New Stand Mixer!!!!


For the past 5+ years I have been wanting a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer. I walked passed them everyday when I worked at Sears, but even with my discount, I could not afford one. When my sister, Jessica Patton, got one for her wedding, I really wanted one, however my finances still would not allow it. Once Scott began working at Sears and we had some Christmas money still laying around, we decided that NOW was finally the time to make  my dreams come true.

After we decided that we were getting one, we had to figure out which one we wanted. I had no idea there were so many types. I did much research and find websites like this one to be very helpful. I wanted one that would last a very long time and wanted a Kitchenaid so that I could eventually get some of the very cool attachments.

Scott went into Sears to purchase the Kitchenaid Artisan Stand Mixer however by the time we decided, the sale was over. I was quite sad.  Since Scott knew how badly I wanted this, he looked around to see if maybe there was a different version that was on sale. That's when one of his knowledgeable coworkers started helping him and drew his attention to the Kenmore stand mixer.  It had 400 watts instead of 325, came with a 5 quart bowl and a 2.5 quart bowl, plus it has the LED light over the bowl that the Kitchenaid did not have. Those were all the icing on the cake, but the selling point was that the Kitchenaid attachments work with the Kenmore! Oh, did I mention that between the sale and Scott's associate discount, it rang up at $170 less than the normal price of the Kitchenaid? So amazing!


It took a few days, but I was determined to use it.  The first thing I made was Challah bread. I did some research and found this Challah Bread recipe and got to work. It called for the maximum amount of flour that the instructions said it could handle so I thought it was perfect! I thought it was great being able to just dump stuff in the bowl and walk away!

The bread turned out great! We all enjoyed snacking on it - so much so that Daniel learned a new word (bread) and they only lasted about a week. Delicious! Such a good investment.




No comments: