Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Grandaddy Visits

It was time for my dad to meet his grandson. After two days of hard driving he made it all the way from Edina, MN to our house. He pretty much hit the ground running watching Daniel. Scott and I were working  nights so Dad would have him at night and then again while we got a little sleep. It was so much fun watching Dad carry Daniel around, showing him all the cool sights of our house. The Blue Angels were in town and granddad and grandson would sit on the front porch and watch as they practiced.

Then the day arrived for us to go to the air show. I really think the stroller has to be one of the greatest inventions. We carried everything we needed in the bottom of that. Daniel, however, wasn’t too keen on staying in the stroller the whole time. That meant I was holding him while juggling the umbrella so he didn’t get sunburned. Scott became the one in charge of the video camera. . . 
Dad and I took off one day and had an adventure. We explored the Idaho Potato Museum  We also went and got 50 lbs of potatos!
We also went shooting with my dad.
Daniel was great and slept the whole time in the air conditioned car. Even though our new car is sound proof, I still put ear plugs in his little ears to muffle the noise. We had a good time. Scott and my Dad both helped me work on the way I shoot and by the end I was getting better.

Before long the week was over and it was time to say goodbye. Until next time…

No comments: