Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Swing Set Finale


  Scott continued to work very hard on the swing set.  We worked together to measure all of the wood, then Scott cut and stained it all. When it was time to move the frame out of the garage, we discovered what a weakling I am.  Granted, I was only 3 weeks postpartum so I had an excuse, it still proved to be a rather large challenge to get it from the garage, up the hill and into place in the back of the backyard.  After I stepped on it, then tripped, then dropped it on my foot all the while yanking Scott around, he decided to get the lawn mower out to help. I must admit, it was successful, albeit slightly comical. It was a little too wide for the base to fit through the fence, so Scott put it end over end to get it into place. A little help  from me got it situated and then the rest of the frame put on.

  Scott was dedicated.  He was out there in 50 mph winds, snow, and just plan cold weather trying to get it finished.  I came out with Daniel in the Moby Wrap for a while.  He was nice and warm, but I was pretty cold.  Anyway, just a couple of days later, and a swing set was born!


  Ashlynn has been having such a blast with it. Well, actually we all have :)

Even Daniel has gotten in on the swing set action. After all, he has been a part of making the swing set, too.

I am very proud of Scott. I have swung very high on the swings (without Daniel, of course) and it has held me .  I was however unceremoniously dumped off of the slide.  That had nothing to do with his construction abilities, though. I'm assuming the physics the design is based on is a small child's weight, not an adults.  Oh well. Live and learn.  Now we have an amazing swing set and playhouse for the kiddos to enjoy for many years to come.

No comments: